We have multiple hockey programs available in addition to the Bears teams. Several coaches also instruct our hockey classes and in house programs. Below is a general outline and you can click on the link to get more information about each of the programs:
Bears Head or Assistant Coaches: See information below or contact Derek Donald, Hockey Manager
Our programs are USA Hockey Sanctioned and all coaches are required to have proper background screening and coaching credentials appropriate for the age and level you are coaching.
Oakland Bears Coaching Application 2016-17
If you are interested in applying for a 2016-17 Coaching Position please follow the instructions below:
1. Complete the Sharks Ice Employment Application (below) and attach a personal/coaching resume and email to Derek Donald
2. A CAHA approved background check is required with your application and may take 7-10 business days to get your report. You may not participate in any coaching capacities until your background check has been approved and you are on the CAHA APPROVED LIST If you are not on the compliance list you will need to complete the mandatory background screening CLICK HERE FOR CAHA BACKGROUND SCREENING
3. Must be USA Hockey Registered for the 2016-17 Season
5. Appropriate USA Hockey Coaching Level
6. USA Hockey Age Module completed by December 31, 2016 if required
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED OF ALL HIRED AND VOLUNTEER COACHES AT SHARKS ICE FACILITIES.
All hired and volunteer hockey coaches must have a current USA Hockey membership and be screened through the California Amateur Hockey Association (CAHA) screening program prior to coaching. The CAHA online background screening program is performed in partnership with Acxiom Information Security Services (Acxiom). Following initial background checks, CAHA performs screenings of all coaches on a two-year cycle.
All other coaches performing services at Sharks Ice facilities, including skating coaches, are required to have an approved background check, including federal, state and county criminal history and notification of subsequent arrests. Sharks Ice performs its screening program through Employers Investigative Services (EIS).
For more information please contact Jon Gustafson, Vice President of Sharks Ice, by calling (408) 279-6000.
If you are interested in Coaching or Volunteering please contact Derek Donald, Hockey Manager
Mini Mite Coach
Eugene Murphy is the Squirt Coordinator and Head Coach of the Squirt A team. Head Coaches for the Squirt B & BB will be named after interviews have been completed.
10UBB & 10UB Head Coach
Chi-Yin Tse is the Peewee Coordinator and Head Coach of the Peewee A Team. A Head Coach for the Peewee B team will be named after interviews are completed.
12UA & 12UB Head Coach